steps to take when writing an academic essay
- Choose a topic
- Find information
- Identify the issues related to your topic
- Locate books, articles, and reports that give you background information and more
- Create and state your thesis
- Organize your thoughts and notes
- Make an outline
- Find more information; this time find content that supports your points
- Write your introduction
- Write the body of the paper
- Write the conclusion of the paper
- Set your rough draft aside for a while
- Submit your paper to Grammarly, our automated proofreading service.
- Submit your paper to the Writing Lab in the Online Tutoring center!
- Edit and revise your paper
- Hand in your paper
Steps to follow:
Connect with us
Have questions about our research and rankings? We want to hear from you!
- An academic essay should answer a question or task.
- It should have a thesis statement (answer to the question) and an argument.
- It should try to present or discuss something: develop a thesis via a set of closely related points by reasoning and evidence.
- An academic essay should include relevant examples, supporting evidence and information from academic texts or credible sources.
An academic essay aims to persuade readers of an idea based on evidence.